When Preparing for Your First Appointment
Patients should arrive at least one hour early to their first appointment so they have time to complete necessary paperwork and testing.
Please make sure to bring:
- Insurance identification card(s)
- Driver’s license or other government issued identification
- Referral form from referring physician’s office
- Recent chest X-rays, CT scans or other relevant medical records from referring physician’s office
- Completed and signed New Patient and Medical History forms.
Payment and Insurance
All co-payments, deductibles and the cost of any non-covered services must be paid at the time of service. Asheville Pulmonary participates in most insurance plans, including Medicare. If a patient is not insured by a plan that Asheville Pulmonary participates in, payment in full is expected at each visit.
A patient who misses three consecutive appointments without notifying the office will be dismissed from the practice.
Prescriptions and Renewals
A patient may request a prescription or renewal by calling (828) 255-7733, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday. He should have the pharmacy name and telephone number, and the name and dose of medication available at the time of the call.
Prescription refills requested after 4 p.m. won’t be done until the next business day, and no refills will be handled over the weekend.
Patients who have questions about appointments, medical records, billing, insurance or other matters regarding their care should call
(828) 255-7733 or email [email protected] .
Fax number is (828) 258-3084.